At long last, the Beardmobile is finished and I’m hitting the road once more to continue my journey through all 50 states!
It’s been a long road to get to this point. Since I started the build, it’s been 2 years and 2 months. However, physically working on the van its been exactly 1 year.
The amount of stuff i’ve learned during the build feels incredible. Before I started, I had no idea how to do any kind of electrical work or solar and now I can do this:
Learning how to do this was one of the things that took me awhile during the build, but Youtube is an excellent teacher. Not to mention the incredible vanlife facebook groups that continuously helped me throughout the build. They made researching the best equipment much easier as well.
It was definitely hard work, but it was also a lot of fun! If you want to see how I built the legendary Beardmobile, check out the van build series on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/liveontheoutside
So what’s next?
I’m continuing the journey that I started in 2016 to thoroughly explore all 50 states, but this time I’ve got a home base in the Beardmobile and I can move faster.
But what am I going to be doing?
- Climbing to the highest point in each state
- Volunteering in each state
- Thoroughly exploring each state with my own research (condensed into a top 10 list) and asking locals what to check out.
- Interviewing people along the way to show what America is really like as opposed to the constant negative way its being portrayed in every media platform. America is beautiful and so are the people and I intend to show that with my human interest stories.
- Giving another dream of mine a shot: writing a bestseller.
But how am I funding all this?
- If you’re willing to work, you can get a job anywhere and I proved that when I was backpacking in 2016. I got a job in every state I traveled through. So when I get tight on money, I just put it out there that i’m looking for a temp job and usually I find one within a day…and in some cases like in Maine within an hour of posting that I was looking for work.
- I’m fan funded online by people who enjoy reading about my adventures.
- By getting some books and articles published. This year, I’m throwing everything I’ve got into writing and treating it like a job because I thoroughly enjoy it. My dream is to write a bestseller. But this year is getting started and I will be getting my first books published. I also plan on writing for newspapers and travel magazines/blogs as a freelance writer.
So there is a lot to look forward too this year and the years to come! So stay tuned because we’re going on an adventure!
Forever your friend,